We can see some light at the end of the COVID tunnel which makes it a great time for all club members to get involved and support us in being stronger than we ever have been before.
The success of the recent Winter Series, Women’s 3 hour and interest in the upcoming Gravity event make it clear that mountain bikers want to get involved in club events. Add to that the number of bikes that have been purchased in the last 18 months and there are a lot of riders in our area with a common interest to us.
Our club wants your support into the future.
We have our Annual General Meeting on the 10th of October where any club members can nominate for a position on the committee and be part of setting the future direction of the club. There is also a need for volunteers to help out in other important ways that may not involve attending meetings, but just getting a job done in the background to help out the club. There is a list of roles below that we want support with, but if you think you have something else to offer, then let us know.
- Trail advocacy – Liaise with the City of Greater Bendigo, Parks Vic, Dja Dja Wurrung and other stakeholders to improve the trail network.
- Social Media – Coordinate posts on social media
- Membership – Contact new members and support them to participate in events. Help riders to become members with Auscycling
- Website – Keep the website up to date and direct enquiries
- Trail Maintenance – Run a working bee or just turn up and help out
- Racing – Lead a team for running a race or a series. You’ll get heaps of support, but we want someone to coordinate the Summer of Racing, Winter series and other single races.
- Social Rides – Take some new or prospective members on a ride one weekend or weeknight.
- Juniors – Coordinating prospective junior riders and facilitating events for juniors to participate in.
- Newsletter – A monthly newsletter to members letting them know what is going on.